St James’ Organ
The original organ was built by Gray and Davison in 1885 and was subsequently rebuilt by Monk and Gunter in 1938.
The organ was refurbished in 1990 by Hill, Norman and Beard. A new console and transmission system was provided and some tonal changes undertaken.
Early in 2023, work was completed on a major rebuilding of the organ (see documents below for full details). The aim has been to restore the very best of the original Gray and Davison instrument while also enhancing the organ’s ability to speak more adequately into the nave. The specification of the organ following this work can be found here.
The organ can be made available as a practice instrument.
Contact the Parish Office for details: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07852 390266.