St James'
Islington N1

Skip to content

About Us

The present St James’ Church was built in 1875 to serve the new houses being built on the Clothworkers and Packington estates from 1846 onwards.

Today the parish is run by the Parish Priest, Fr John Burniston, two Churchwardens, Maria Flavius and Hilary Roden, and eleven members of the Parochial Church Council.

The parish is part of the Islington Deanery and the Stepney Episcopal Area of the Diocese of London

 

smiling face of vicar

Fr John

face of smiling lady

Maria Flavius

Hilary - cropped2

Hilary Roden